09 August 2011 // 2:06 PM
♣ NATIONAL DAY!
First and foremost, I would like to wish Singapore an awesome 46 th birthday!
I always don't get to watch the parade live nor see the fireworks. Sad right?
But that's not the main point of this blog entry, the main point that I wanna raise up today is HAIR. Yes. That.
I've been having a love-hate relationship with hair like practically my whole life.
Well, my natural hair is curly. Being a mixed blood, sadly, I inherited my maternal grandfather's hair, which is curly, and he's arabic.
To cut a long story short, I've always been rebonding my hair ever since I was in primary 5. And now, I'm like 17. In total, my hair have gone through 6 years of non-stop chemical treatments,straightening,hair colouring and many more. Also, when I was in secondary 3, I permed my hair, in the hopes of breaking my rebonding tradition and to remain natural after that. But I got tired of that and decided to rebond my hair back again. So there you have it. I know most of you people will gasp in horror at the amount of abuse I did to my hair. And, to add on, when I was in secondary 4, I got hair extensions. For the first time in my life, I actually had long hair up till my waist. And loved it.
Ever since then, I've always wanted to grow out my hair. But I just can't have it both ways, it's either I go for straight hair or long hair.
So, I decided to go for straight hair instead, and whenever I go to the salon to get my hair rebonded, the stylist will end up cutting my hair ends, because it's just so damaged. Therefore, my hair is forever stuck at chest length.
But it still managed to grow a little though. Till about this year March, roughly a month before the start of poly, I got my hair rebonded. And yes! It was finally covering my chest. I was so happy. But the happiness was short lived. The rebonding caused my hair to be crazy damaged, the ends were like grass, and it was tangled.
It didn't even look very long anymore after awhile. Every salon that I went to told me that, I should stop any kind of chemical treatment on my hair especially rebonding it. And of coz I had to cut it, and it was shortened all the way till my a little below my shoulders, but it was still very damaged. So on May the 13th. Which happens to be on a Friday, I went to cut my hair REALLLLLLLLY short.
These are all the before I cut my hair pictures:



And yes I highlighted my hair golden. It was damaging of coz. Sigh. Amira, Amira.
As for these, they're all after the trim :



And I dyed it brown, although can't be seen here, because my teacher told me that the golden streaks are not allowed during my attachments.
And now, the end product, the crazy short length, I still do feel like crying a little when I think about it, but oh well :

The one above was taken on the day itself, fresh from the cut.

Soon, in like 4 days time, which would be August the 13th, it would officially be the 3rd month since my big chop. Now my hair is slightly longer than before, and I can already tie a decent ponytail which doesn't requires like loads of pins and stuffs unlike before.
And I think the condition of my hair is not exactly very bad. Since most of the damage and split ends are gone. So, I'm hoping that this will be a brand new start.
Will be really interesting to watch my hair grow. This is definitely a lesson learned. I'm gonna stop rebonding, colouring my hair etc etc. But obviously I can't stop straightening it from day to day. But at least it won't be super damaging or anything.
I will stop once my hair is long enough to allow my curls to just grow out.
But for now, just gotta live with it.
So, girls out there, love your hair! And if your hair is curly. I strongly advice against rebonding it, unless, you hair's already long. If you are planning to grow out your hair by rebonding it, not gonna happen. Trust me. You're gonna regret it, and you will end up rebonding it all the time. Thus, your hair will be damaged. And you will end up hating it.
XOXO